RISKS AND ADVICE - ESSENTIAL PRE-TREATMENT GUIDE
To be read and understood prior to undertaking any treatment with our Aesthetic Doctors. You must select the tick box on your questionnaire to confirm that you have read the following:
Post-treatment advice – applicable to Aesthetic Injection clients ONLY.
Please be aware that there may be a certain degree of swelling or bruising.
- Unnecessarily touching the treated area or using makeup for the rest of the day.
- Sleeping or lying down for at least three hours after the treatment.
- Increasing blood flow to the face for 24 hours (e. vigorous exercise, sauna, alcohol, spicy foods, air travel).
- Massaging the treated area and tight-fitting hats/helmets for three days.
Please note that although these routine cosmetic procedures have a long and excellent safety record, every procedure or medication carries a risk. These procedures are typically considered to be very low risk and the majority of these complications will resolve spontaneously over time. Arguably the most significant risks are allergy and also drooping of the eyelid. Please seek urgent medical attention if you experience significant symptoms after treatment.
Botulinum toxin – Risks
Bruising, swelling, bleeding, infection, allergy, fainting, pain, headache, lack of benefit, drooping eyelid/eyebrow, blurred or double vision, facial asymmetry, , sensitivity to botulinum, lack of effect over time, if used in the lower face: difficulty eating, speaking, singing or playing a wind instrument.
Dermal Fillers – Risks
Allergy/anaphylaxis, inflammation, bruising/haematoma, swelling, stiffness, arterial damage/necrosis, Tyndall effect (localised bluish discolouration of the skin), infection, nodule formation/granuloma, migration of the filler, pigment changes (darkening/lightening), scarring, blindness (1 in a million risk - due to potential retinal artery occlusion).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
AESTHETIC CLINICAL ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT AND PURCHASE OF COSMECEUTICALS/PRESCRIPTION SKINCARE
Clinical Services Provided by Dr. S R Humble MBChB, MSc, PhD, FCARCSI
Consultant in Aesthetic Medicine & Director of Hedox Limited trading as Hedox Clinic
These terms and conditions relate to the self-pay (client-funded) fees charged for professional clinical aesthetic services provided by Dr Humble for consultations and treatment.
Aesthetic Terms and Conditions:
- Consultations are complimentary for all aesthetics appointments.
- A £50 no obligation deposit is taken by card payment on booking your complimentary consultation to secure the appointment.
- The £50 deposit taken is deductible from subsequent treatment fees OR fully refundable if a client decides not to go ahead with any treatment OR if Dr Humble advises that the treatment sought is not clinically indicated and/or advisable.
- The deposit is non-refundable for missed appointments or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice given.
- All clients are required to read and sign consent forms detailing the risks and benefits relating to any/all aesthetic treatments provided prior to the treatment being administered.
- All clients must undergo an initial consultation wherein Dr Humble will gather the history and assess whether the treatment sought is suitable, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment being carried out.
- All treatment provided is chargeable and no refunds will be made following treatment taken.
- Where treatment is administered during the same appointment as the initial complimentary consultation, the fee for that treatment will be automatically deducted from the card details given at the time of booking the consultation, as per the fee list detailed here; https://www.hedoxclinic.co.uk/treatment-pricing-0
- Formal receipts will be provided on request.
- Hedox Clinic promotes and sells a variety of cosmeceutical/prescription skincare ranges which can be purchased via virtual terminal on the clinic website; https://www.hedoxclinic.co.uk/ Orders are typically posted by ‘Signed for’ 1st class Royal Mail (free of charge).
- Returns of cosmeceuticals are accepted in accordance with UK statutory rights [subject to packaging being unopened/untampered/undamaged] and refunded minus delivery costs. Return postage costs are not refundable.
- It is a client’s/patient’s responsibility to ensure that they provide Hedox Clinic with a full medical history prior to consultation and to advise Dr Humble as to any/all changes at each consultation/treatment session. Hedox Clinic will not be liable for any resulting impact that occurs as a result of the patient’s failure to disclose any such details.
- The client/patient agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, Hedox Clinic regarding the care of a treated area.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit Hedox Clinic's liability for death or any personal injury resulting from negligence by Hedox Clinic.