To be read prior to the assesment, purchase and treatment of cosmeceuticals/prescription skincare. You must select the tick box on your questionnaire to confirm that you have read the following:
RISKS AND ADVICE
Please be aware that all of the following are normal skin reactions to the introduction of the Obagi
Nu-Derm Rx or Obagi-C Rx systems:
- Dryness / Flaking / Peeling
- Skin sensitivity
- Breakouts of spots
- Tight sensation of the skin
- Use SPF 50 and apply regularly throughout the day.
- Wear a sun hat and cover your skin appropriately.
- Avoid strong sun and sun lamps/tanning salons – this can cause Use fake tan instead!
- Read the leaflets / any correspondence sent.
- Remember it's not a quick fix - effects can take weeks/months, but it is known to be highly effective.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Apply products in or around the ocular bony rim of the eyes, the mouth and inside the nose. This should be avoided completely.
- Spots - don’t pick or squeeze them! Speak to us and we will advise.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO PRESCRIPTION ITEMS (TRETINOIN AND HYDROQUINONE)
**OBAGI TRETINOIN CREAM** Available in three strengths = 0.025% / 0.05% / 0.1%
What do I need to talk to a doctor about BEFORE I am prescribed Obagi Tretinoin Cream?
- If you have an allergy to Tretinoin or any other ingredient contained in Tretinoin cream.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had e.g. rash, hives, itching, shortness of breath, wheezing, cough, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you are taking any drugs that may make your skin more sensitive to light. There are many drugs that can do this. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- If you sunburn easily.
- If you have sunburn or other skin problems, talk with your doctor.
- If you are pregnant/trying to become pregnant/breastfeeding.
Frequently reported side effects include:
- Exfoliation of skin
- Stinging of the skin
- Localised warm sensation
- Mild erythema
Commonly reported side effects include:
Burning feeling or stinging skin (moderate to severe)
- Lightening of skin of treated area, unexpected
- Peeling of skin (moderate to severe)
- Redness of skin (moderate to severe)
- Unusual dryness of skin (moderate to severe)
Rarely reported side effects include:
- Darkening of treated skin
**HYDROQUINONE** - Contained in the following products:
- Nu-Derm Clear Rx
- Nu-Derm Blender Rx
- Obagi-C Therapy Night Cream Rx
- Obagi-C Clarifying Serum Rx
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
The gradual bleaching of hyperpigmented skin conditions such as chloasma, melasma, freckles, senile lentigines, and other unwanted areas of melanin hyperpigmentation.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
A thin application should be applied to the affected area twice daily or as directed by a physician. If no improvement is seen after 8-12 weeks of treatment, use of this product may be discontinued. Sun exposure should be limited by using a high SPF sunscreen agent, a sun-blocking agent, or protective clothing to cover bleached skin when using and after using this product in order to prevent re-pigmentation.
Hydroquinone is a skin lightening agent, which may produce unwanted cosmetic effects if not used as directed. The physician should be familiar with the contents of this insert before prescribing or dispensing this medication.
Test for skin sensitivity before using by applying a small amount to an unbroken patch of skin and check within 24 hours. Minor redness is not a contraindication, but where there is itching or vesicle formation or excessive inflammatory/allergic response, the product should be discontinued and physician consulted. Close patient supervision is recommended.
Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth, or lips. In case of accidental contact, the patient should rinse eyes, nose, mouth, or lips with water and contact physician.
- Sunscreen use is an essential aspect of Hydroquinone therapy because even minimal sunlight exposure sustains melanocytic activity (long-lasting hyperpigmentation).
Hydroquinone preparations contain sodium metabisulfite, a sulphite that may, very rarely, cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulphite sensitivity in the general population is unknown and probably low. Sulphite sensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic than in non-asthmatic people.
- Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with topical Hydroquinone. It is also not known whether Hydroquinone can cause foetal harm when used topically on a pregnant woman or affect reproductive capacity. It is not known to what degree, if any, topical hydroquinone is absorbed systemically. Topical Hydroquinone should be used on pregnant women only when clearly indicated.
- Nursing Mothers: It is not known whether topical Hydroquinone is absorbed or excreted in human milk. Caution is advised when topical Hydroquinone is used by a nursing mother.
- Paediatric Usage: Safety and effectiveness in children below the age of 12 years have not been established.
- Use of the product should be discontinued if hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients is noted.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
AESTHETIC CLINICAL ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT AND PURCHASE OF COSMECEUTICALS/PRESCRIPTION SKINCARE
Clinical Services Provided by Dr. S R Humble MBChB, MSc, PhD, FCARCSI
Consultant in Aesthetic Medicine & Director of Hedox Limited trading as Hedox Clinic
These terms and conditions relate to the self-pay (client-funded) fees charged for professional clinical aesthetic services provided by Dr. Humble (or colleague) for consultations and treatment.
Aesthetic Terms and Conditions:
- Consultations are complimentary for all aesthetics appointments.
- All clients are required to read and sign consent forms detailing the risks and benefits relating to any/all aesthetic treatments provided prior to the treatment being administered.
- All clients must undergo an initial consultation wherein Dr. Humble (or colleague) will gather the history and assess whether the treatment sought is suitable, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment being carried out.
- All treatment provided is chargeable and no refunds will be made following treatment taken.
- Formal receipts can be provided on request.
- Hedox Clinic promotes and sells a variety of cosmeceutical/prescription skincare ranges which can be purchased via virtual terminal on the clinic website; https://www.hedoxclinic.co.uk/ . Orders are posted by ‘Signed for’ 1st class Royal Mail (free of charge).
- Returns of cosmeceuticals are accepted in accordance with UK statutory rights [subject to packaging being unopened/untampered/undamaged] and refunded minus delivery costs. Return postage costs are not refundable.
- It is a client’s/patient’s responsibility to ensure that they provide Hedox Clinic with a full medical history prior to consultation and to advise Dr. Humble (or colleague) as to any/all changes at each consultation/treatment session. Hedox Clinic will not be liable for any resulting impact that occurs as a result of the patient’s failure to disclose any such details.
- The client/patient agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, Hedox Clinic regarding the care of a treated area.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit Hedox Clinic's liability for death or any personal injury resulting from negligence by Hedox Clinic.